Sunday, May 11, 2008

Ciao?

There are two things that are more real to me today more than ever: language barriers and the effects of jet-lag. Not everything can be answered with 'ciao' or 'si', or even 'molto bene'. Even with a semester of Italian course study under my belt, my language efforts seem hopeless. And as for the jet-lag, I feel as though I could sleep for a week. But seeing as there is lots to see in this beautiful country I'm in, I'd rather not sleep at all. 
Today we arrived at the Hotel in Ariccia at about 10:30, packed our luggage into our quaint room, & headed downtown to eat some lunch. I'm not really sure what ate, some kind of pasta & marinara. I was lucky to have pointed to a normal dish on the menu. The waiters, who were originally overjoyed that the 18 American girls picked their restaraunt, were soon annoyed with our lack of ordering abilities. It was a learning experience, fo sho. We returned from lunch, took a nap, & went back to town for dinner. I had an incredible legit-Italian pizza. It was delish. After dinner, we walked to the bridge overlooking a valley, where there was a fireworks display. 
This has been a long day, & I could probably write much more about it, however, I need to rest, because it all begins again tomorrow! Ciao mia familigia!
  

4 comments:

Caroline said...

not fair, you know i love fireworks.

ALEX said...

New York Pizza and Italian Pizza should battle.

Anonymous said...

bolognese is usually a safe choice.

ciao.

this is lauren by the way. i don't want to make an account.

Anonymous said...

You go to Italy and order pizza?? Have fun. Love, Grandad